Bullied At Work Quotes
Bullied at work? Workplace bullying arising in the offices, is as common as any other conflict in any given environment.
The stress and the impact it can probably have especially on new-bees is adverse. Nevertheless not just the new joiners, but those in the senior position too get bullied.
Women at workplace face altogether a different set of conflicts, they get bullied due to ego issues, inferiority complex from male superiors or colleagues. Fortunately there are steps been taken to minimize such scenarios but we cannot say that it has helped drastically.
One must be on their own, as in, be aware of their surroundings. Should be able to gauge who is fake and to what extent one can allow someone at work to do things their way, but definitely never let them overpower or dominate you.
Impacts of Bullying at Workplace
- Stress, anxiety, panic attacks
- Unwillingness to go to work due to fear of being insulted or targeted at.
- Lack of focus, hence decrease in productivity at work
- Isolation, eventually leading to depression
- Degradation of self confidence, self doubt
- Suicidal thoughts due to worry or constant pressure
Signs of Workplace Bullying
- Being mistreated due to various reason such as religion, gender, marital status, mental or physical disability
- If one feels uncomfortable by remarks, gibes being passed at, even in fun, especially related to age, family tradition, that accounts to bullying.
- Valid Requests being denied, not been given needed support, resources, though increasing the workload on purpose to see you fail.
- Rumors or gossip mongers talking ill about you.
- Constant criticism, yelling and blaming from seniors, even though performing well
- Work Credit snatching. If the credit of your hard work is not given to you instead, your appreciation mention is omitted completed from the higher authorities, that is the most hellish form of workplace bullying.
How to Stop getting Bullied at Work?
- If its become a norm for someone to bully, and it is getting out of limits, keep facts handy, document when, where the bullying incident happened and approach the support groups or HR at work.
- Maintain Emotional Control, respond accordingly.
- Learn to say no, when your intuition says so.
- Believe in yourself and stand up for self.
Bullied at Work Quotes
Below are some of “Bullied at Work Quotes”, that shows how it happens and how to deal with it.
“Bullying consists of the least competent most aggressive employee projecting their incompetence on to the least aggressive most competent employee and winning.” ― Tim Field
“Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.” ― Ronald Reagan
“I would rather be a little nobody, then to be an evil somebody.” ― Abraham Lincoln
The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t being said. The art of reading between the lines is a lifelong quest of the wise.” ― Shannon L. Alder
“The Law of Win/Win says, ‘Let’s not do it your way or my way; let’s do it the best way’.” ― Greg Anderson
“10% of conflicts are due to difference in opinion. 90% are due to wrong tone of voice.”
“A good manager doesn’t try to eliminate conflict; he tries to keep it from wasting the energies of his people. If you’re the boss and your people fight you openly when they think that you are wrong–that’s healthy.” ―Robert Townsend
“Conflict can destroy a team which hasn’t spent time learning to deal with it.” ―Thomas Isgar
“You should never make fun of something that a person can’t change about themselves.” ― Phil Lester
“I’ve always believed that a lot of the troubles in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other.” ― Ronald Reagan
“The aim of argument and of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.” ―Joseph Joubert
“If they don’t like you for being yourself, be yourself even more.” – Taylor Swift
Workplace Bullying Quotes
“Bullying builds character like nuclear waste creates superheroes. It’s a rare occurrence and often does much more damage than endowment.” ― Zack W. Van
“No pressure, no diamonds.” ― Mary Case
“Do not think of knocking out another person’s brains because he differs in opinion from you. It would be as rational to knock yourself on the head because you differ from yourself ten years ago.” ― Horace Mann
“People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.” ― Dan Pearce
“Each of us is a book waiting to be written, and that book, if written, results in a person explained.” ― Thomas M. Cirignano
“The better able team members are to engage, speak, listen, hear, interpret, and respond constructively, the more likely their teams are to leverage conflict rather than be leveled by it.” ― Runde and Flanagan
There are some people who always seem angry and continuously look for conflict. Walk away from these people. The battle they’re are fighting isn’t with you, it’s with themselves.” ― Rashida Rowe
From these Bullied at Work Quotes, it is obvious that bullying in any Form, is actually more dreadful than it seems.
Every individual is different and has different ways of handling situations.
Some learn early on to deal with hardship, as they get subjected to it early, others take time.
Hence it is alright if you are facing trouble dealing with bullying.
Do not give up, give in to bullies, learn to say no and stand up for self and the good always.